Trip Details: Eight night trip by air; business meetings and vacation (both tent camping and city). Three nights business, two camping, and three city/outdoors non-camping vacation.
- Large eBags Packing Cube #1
- Large eBags Packing Cube #2
- Outdoor Research Helium II
- Quart Zipper Bag (fits nicely in the small pocket on the inside of the GR1)
- Travel cream jars with face lotion and hair gel
- Solid hand lotion
- Razor brush
- Small Nalgene of Eucalan
- Electric Razor
- Kindle Paperwhite
- GORUCK Wire Dopp (fits nicely in the large mesh pocket inside the GR1)
- 3 ft Lightning cable
- Apple Watch cable
- 3 ft USB-C cable
- Mini-USB cable
- Anker Astro E5 portable battery
- Native Union SMART CHARGER International
- Laptop charger
- Lens/screen cleaning cloth
- Bose QC35
- Fisher Space Pen
- Synthetic polo (my next area of focus is going to be non-T-shirt short sleeve performance clothing)
- Outlier Futureworks
- Darn Tough Dress Socks
- ExOfficio Boxer Briefs
- Mission Belt Leather Belt
- Merrell Trail Glove 3
- Outdoor Research Ferrosi Jacket
Notes and Considerations
Since I was tent camping, I checked a large duffle with my camping gear. I decided to throw my dress shoes in there to wear more comfortable shoes on the flight. I also packed my hiking boots, base layer, sunscreen, and hat in there. Other than that, the GR1 easily held the rest of what I needed. If this was a business-only trip (or non-tent camping vacation), I could have packed everything in my GR1 (and would have just worn my hiking boots).
Overall I packed almost the perfect amount of clothes. I didn’t end up needing the second pair of Futureworks. The only washing I did during the whole trip was my polo, a pair of socks, and my underwear. The polo and socks took a while to try, but the ExOfficio underwear dried overnight after rolling in a towel. The magic of merino allowed me to get plenty of wear out of both my undershirt and button-up.
NOTE: where possible all product links on this site may earn the site money when you buy using those links.