Trip Details: Six night international business trip.
- Large eBags Packing Cube #1
- Large eBags Packing Cube #2
- Outdoor Research Helium II
- Merrell Trail Glove 3
- Quart Zipper Bag
- Travel cream jars with face lotion and hair gel
- Solid hand lotion
- Razor brush
- Electric toothbrush
- Electric razor
Standard Luggage Co. Daily Backpack (provided for review, look for review soon):
- Kindle Paperwhite
- GORUCK Wire Dopp
- 3 ft Lightning cable
- Apple Watch cable
- 3 ft USB-C cable
- Mini-USB cable
- Anker Astro E5 portable battery
- Native Union SMART CHARGER International
- Laptop charger
- Lens/screen cleaning cloth
- (2) International power adapters
- Bose QC35
- Zpacks Zip Pouch
- Fisher Space Pen
- Business Cards
- Work ID
- Ministry of Supply Apollo 3 Polo
- Banana Republic Synthetic Quarter Zip Sweater
- Outlier Futureworks
- Sockwell Elevation Merino Compression Socks
- ExOfficio Boxer Briefs
- Mission Belt Leather Belt
- Allen Edmonds Higgins Mill Boot
- L.L.Bean Ultralight Down Jacket
Notes and Considerations
I overpacked somewhat for this trip as I realized that I would have late nights and might not feel like washing clothes when I got back to my hotel at night. I also didn’t need the UnderFit undershirt (the Icebreaker merino undershirt lasted the whole trip). I mainly rotated my two Wool & Prince shirts, but I was able to get two wears of my polo.
I’m still using a quart zipper bag for my toiletries because it just works (and makes it compliant when you have to separate liquids from your bag when you can’t use PreCheck).
I probably could have squeezed everything into my Osprey bag, however, then I might not have been able to fit it under the seat on my domestic flights. I also figured it would be nice to have a small bag to have at my seat with my entertainment and to use as a briefcase during my trip.
Just a few first impressions of the Standard Luggage Co. bag: 1) it’s very padded and structured so there is some wasted space, 2) the laptop slot is on the back panel as expected, but the main compartment zipper opens at the back panel, making access to its contents awkward, 3) the small front compartment has some nice organization, 4) the padded handles and above average shoulder strap make the bag pleasant to carry.
NOTE: where possible all product links on this site may earn the site money when you buy using those links.